GET HELP FOR SUBSTANCE ABUSE & ADDICTIONS
Click on the orange links below (found in the Recovery and Treatment Section of the “Easy-to-Read Drug Facts” icon)1 to learn about drug treatment and to find treatment and rehabilitation resources for substance abuse and addictions. You may also find drug treatment centers near you by calling: 1-800-662-HELP(4357), toll free, 24/7. You can also click on the icon itself for more Drug Facts.
- Why Does a Person Need Treatment?
- Does Drug Treatment Work?
- What are the Treatment Options?
- What is Recovery?
- What is Relapse?
- How Can Friends and Family Help?
- Where Can Someone Find Treatment and Recovery Resources?
Website: Drugabuse.com (Nationwide Online Treatment Facility and Recovery Resource Directory)
To talk with a rehabilitation specialist about your treatment options: 1-888-744-0069
- General educational information about drug and alcohol abuse including signs and symptoms
- Drug and alcohol effects
- Specific information about illicit substances and prescription drugs
- Top locations listed state by state for drug abuse/intervention programs and alcohol abuse/intervention programs
- Information on how to do an intervention
- Forums and Blogs
Treatment4addiction.com “T4A” (Nationwide Online Treatment Facility and Recovery Resource Directory)
To speak to an addiction professional: 1-888-480-1703 (24/7)
- Alcohol and drug treatment programs
- An extensive overview of legal and illicit drugs
- Drug and alcohol interventions
- Support for the family/partners of an addict/alcoholic
- Alcohol and drug detox facilities
- Sign, symptoms and the hazards of addictions
- Addictive behaviors and psychological conditions
- Research and personal testimonials, blogs and educational videos
Alcohol Awareness Council – AAC
For help overcoming an addiction: 1-888-685-5770
- Dedicated to informing the public about the use and abuse of alcohol
- Latest alcohol research, studies and statistical data from government agencies, academic institutions, news resources and awareness organizations
- Alcohol-related resources, support groups and helplines
- Option to request alcohol related data reports to be emailed
- National Institute on Drug Abuse; National Institutes of Health; U.S. Department of Health and Human Services ↩